Medved Trader Forums

Schwab API update

Adventures In .NET

won't know that stuff until I get done implementing everything

1 hour ago, Tcarey said:

Any idea when the Schwab API will be done. My last TDA account transitions on May 10. That is what I am currently using as a data source.

it will be done before then. Everyone's transition date is May 10 - that is when all remaining TD Ameritrade accounts are moved.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:09 PM, Jerry Medved said:

won't know that stuff until I get done implementing everything

it will be done before then. Everyone's transition date is May 10 - that is when all remaining TD Ameritrade accounts are moved.

But for us Schwab clients trading futures, they are shutting down StreetSmartCentral after next Friday. At least they will enable Think or Swim finally. I don't know why they couldn't have done that long ago. All they had to do was give us a TDAmeritrade account that would link back to our Schwab account. It's basically what StreetSmartCentral is. It's what they did back at the end of 2017. Before then Schwab didn't offer futures trading. You had to open an account with their subsidiary, been so long I don't remember if that was called StreetSmartCentral, and then physically move money to the account. There was no way to use any of your cash or margin in your Schwab account. In 2017 when they finally setup the SreetSmartCentral you had to open an "account" with it, but then just linked it back to your Schwab account and then it would behind the scenes move your cash/margin back and forth between the two accounts. You never had to "fund" the StreetSmartCentral account. 

• 1 month later...