Medved Trader Forums

QuoteGrid: cut/copy/paste symbol(s) to/from clipboard

vrtrader64

Question

Please enable multiple symbol selection in QuoteGrid, and add cut/copy/paste to right-click context menu.

Consider this proposed functionality : 

1) I am in Portfolio1 QuoteGrid, and I select one symbol by click, or multiple symbols (by ctrl-click) ;

2) I right-click and now have the (new) ability to copy these to clipboard (or delete/cut them from QuoteGrid);

3) I move to Portfolio2 QuoteGrid (another portfolio window) - and I can paste symbols from clipboard to QuoteGrid.

Thanks for considering these suggestions.

6 answers to this question

Adjacent - yes, they do. that is not going to change anytime soon because of benefits/downsides of the different selection modes used by the grid control we use. 

As for copy/paste, been meaning to do that at some point. Note however that the copoy paste would most likely be to text, not something that can be copy in one port paste in another. (Drag Drop is far better for that)

Got it - and, even though the MT grid control may not be optimal for this, pls add ctrl-click multi-select to the longterm todo list. I am sure I will not be the only one who wants it.

Also - why could you not have copy/paste of symbols from one QuoteGrid to another via clipboard ? 

Drag/drop can *move* symbols from one grid to another; it can not add copies, from what I can tell.

Here is why I think this is useful: What I find myself doing now is when I want copies of multiple symbols (scan from a big portfolio) copied into a smaller list for quick access, then I have to manually type them into the shortlist, one by one. 

Selection - this would be a huge project at this point, so not going to happen. Sorry.

Drag drop can do COPY. MT implemented full Windows drag drop capabilities.  The default is MOVE. If you hold down the CTRL Key while dragging, it will change to COPY. Same way as everywhere else in windows. Even made the cursor nice and pretty and indicate the action :)

Clipboard Copy/paste - will see.