Medved Trader Forums

Backfill Progress Indicator (window?)

vrtrader64

Question

Currently, there is a small status indication in the "Data Sources" part of MT Dashboard, but there is no way to know how far along a multi-symbol backfill has gotten, and how much more may remain. 

I'd like a more informative progress indicator, maybe in its own window. It could even have a button to allow user to cancel a backfill in progress. If not in its own window, maybe in the status area of the QuoteGrid from which the backfill was requested?

Also - a question - when I do a "Backfill All", does it backfill ALL PORTFOLIOS, or just the portfolio corresponding to the window on which I perform the action?

p.s. I know I've been submitting a lot of requests and you have been very accomodating in responding - let me know if I'm throwing too many ideas your way.

6 answers to this question

the status on the data sources is supposed to show Active Count / Total Count. The total count wasn't working. I fixed that. Will be in next update

We have an indicator on top of portfolio and chart windows indicating the status of backfills relevant to that window.  Clicking on that does give you a way to cancel either active backfills or all backfills. (Active are the ones that are already requested - MT can do multiple concurrently).

Backfill all on the portfolio is for all symbols on that portfolio, not all symbols in all portfolios.

OK, I see that.

But I've noticed that if I start a "Backfill All" request, then switch to a new portfolio within a QuoteGrid, the backfill in progress on the old portfolio continues while the new portfolio displays.

At this point the only indication of a backfill occurring is in the Dashboard, from which it cannot be cancelled.

Is this what you want?

I see it now - it's better.

Maybe I can throw in one more request/suggestion - initiate/cancel backfill by right-click menu on a Portfolio line in the "Windows" pane of the Dashboard.

The context there is un-ambiguous - you are referring to a specific Portfolio and you can have the progress indicator in the same line instead of at the top of the dashboard window?