Medved Trader Forums

Futures with IB

rikesh82

Good morning,

I read the thread below about how to view futures in MT with an IB account. I have my IB account "streaming" in MT and I tried using @GCG15 but it doesn't seem to populate ("There is no data to chart"). I have the chart open in IB right now and it streams fine. 

What am I missing?

http://forums.medvedtrader.com/index.php?/topic/657-futures-symbols-for-ib-datafeed/?hl=futures

• Like 1

The symbol is correct

the most likely problem would be if you are not subscribed to real-time data for that symbol. TWS would show you delayed data on quotes and charts, but it does not allow other programs to get delayed data, so MT would only be able to get quotes/backfill if you are subscribed to real-time.  

I have the subscription as I have the chart opened in IB and it is streaming live. I tried changing the backfill source to IB and it populated the chart, but does not update unless I click backfill. I think it might have something to do with the order in which I have ranked my data sources.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Thanks again.

I have one portfolio that I use as a watch-list. I will create a separate one for futures. In the futures portfolio, can you please walk me through how to source it specifically to IB? I would prefer to source my Watch-List separately through an alternative source (if possible).