Medved Trader Forums

Portfolio window

alextrader777

yes, i remember it didn't shut down properly yesterday. I tried again now and everything works fine.

Trend lines occasionally being moved around by themselves if I play around with time frames and symbols.

But I found the way around it, I go back to original time frame and switch between symbols few times, and it seems to be fixing the problem, trend lines go back to it's original place.

Not sure if you can fix it or not?

Btw, great work on everything, and I like the new dashboard design.

hard to be specific...

but, for example if I create a trend line on the 60min, then zoom out to all data, about 10 or 20 days, then switch to another symbol and to other extreme of 5min or 1min, and zoom to current day, then go back to 60min and zoom out to 10 days, then occasionally a trend line can be shifted or even become vertical.

When I play with symbols back and forth on 60min, it brings back the trend line to it's original place.

Same thing happens occasionally on a daily historical charts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Is it possible in the Portfolio window to automatically backfill only the symbols that I have just added, instead of backfilling everything every time I browse through a portfolio?

2. And also, if I add a symbol that is already in the portfolio, not to add it as an additional/double symbol, but rather to bring the existing into a view or to the top of the list?

It is very usefull for a long list portfolios, and saves time that I don't need to search if i already have it in the portfolio.

Thanks.

1) Backfill - we recently added improvements with auto backfill. it will only backfill if the data is not up to date or has gaps, so if you add symbols then view charts, it will backfill. If you view charts on stuff that already has been backfilled, it will either skip backfill or only backfill the minimum needed to update the chart, vs backfilling the everything as it did before

2) On the portfolio editor, you can check the "Consolidate" button on the bottom left of the portfolio.  That will make it so only 1 symbol is shown even if multiple instances of it are entered.

Hi Jerry,

1. When clicking on a portfolio window and entering a new symbol, is it possible to make that symbol active and bring it to the top of the list?

2. The "Consolidate" option keeps multiple entries of the same symbols, and when I try to delete them, the previous entries remain in the portfolio. Is it possible that the portfolio will keep only one entry of the same symbol?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...