Medved Trader Forums

Charts templates

rocarr

I have my charts settings set to the same shade of gray so watermarks don't show on the charts and my Y axis on the right. There is a darker gray space of about 10 days past the last trading day that extends to the numbers on the Y axis and shows the last few letters of the bookmark. How do I get rid of this?

Also I have some duplicates showing on the select menu for chart templates. Is there any way to delete these? Thanks.

if you don't want the watermarks, why don't you just turn them off?

You have extra space allocated on X axis. To remove, move your mouse over the X axis, right side. MT should highlight the X axis. When it does, click and drag to the left. That should remove the extra space.

the dropdown list for chart templates just shows you the history of the last ones used. If you have duplicate names for the templates in the list, then you must have templates with the same name but stored in different locations.  There is no way to directly modify the list (can't change history, right? ).  However, if the underlying file is no longer there and you select the entry, MT will prompt you and will remove the entry from the list. Other than that, you can change the chart to the 10 templates you wish to use, Those will get added to the list, pushing the others off.

• 5 months later...
On 8/21/2016 at 9:10 PM, Jerry Medved said:

if you don't want the watermarks, why don't you just turn them off?

You have extra space allocated on X axis. To remove, move your mouse over the X axis, right side. MT should highlight the X axis. When it does, click and drag to the left. That should remove the extra space.

hey jerry

im having this issue too...i highligh which highlights the time and date but i cannot compress it. 

when i highlight it i get a box with padding come up, if i move it left it stays at zero if i go right it increase but no change in the space. 

lmk