Medved Trader Forums

Point & Figure charting

Troder

Hi Jerry,

Been using QT since the 90's. Just getting everything switched from to Medved.  Everything looks good and quite painless but having a display problem with P&F charts.  I trade oil and use a 1 reversal and a .005 box size to make any 1 penny reversal print a new bar. For some reason it just does not print correctly on Medved.  It will print a bar that extends beyond the 1 penny price or short and not reach the price where QT would print the bar right to the penny. I tried using different numbers but cannot get a good result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just really strange.....I rebooted my computer and it still prints prices that dont trade using IB data. I pull up the raw data on the chart right now it's printing a bunch of 49.82 (on oil chart) but data says 49.83.  I have the settings at .01 and 1 box. Random price prints.

Troder - here is the easiest way for you to show me something that is wrong with P&F charts so I can look at the specific thing and see what I can do...

You gave me your data files. Here are two charts using that data: GjaqFj7.png

same time period... Can you point me (either describe it to me or make a copy of that image and put an arrow to it) exactly which boxes on P&F chart are incorrect?

Thanks

Mike

Just looking at that chart, why is it printing prices at 49.955 when the print is 49.95?  Even when I set the box size to .01 and run it along side a 1 minute chart I'm getting false prints or non prints on the P&F. Also, put a volume indicator on the 2 charts and watch in real time. It displays correctly on time chart but P&F is way off.

Range charts are not displaying correctly either.  If I set it at .01 range, it will print multiple bars within that 1 penny range when it should only print a new bar when that 1 penny is breached.

Thanks for any help.