Medved Trader Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. jjevans

Ally MBT feed?

Thank you Jerry! All good.
  3. There is an issue on MBT servers. They are working on it. I put in something in MT to get around it. Do this: FILE / HELP => Check for updates. Let MT update all files. Restart MT. (even if nothing updated)
  4. jjevans

Ally MBT feed?

I can log into Ally MBT account online but not with Medved. This just happened this AM. Is there an issue with the feed? Any insight is appreciated. Thank you
  5. Yesterday
  6. If you missed it, I'd like to point to our convenient looping functions in Advanced code: https://www.medvedtrader.com/trader/WebHelp/index.html?advanced_looping_functions.htm From our support emails, it seems that paintbar users may not be aware of them. For example, if you have a variable SMA20 which is an SMA and you want to do something if it has been rising for the last 4 candles, all you have to do is call: All(4, SMA20 > SMA20[1]) // will return true for that condition. Don't have to use a for loop etc. or you want to check if the Close was above SMA20 in at least 5 out of 6 last candles... Count(6, Close>SMA20) >= 5 nice and simple.
  7. Dang life, getting in the way...lol just had a chance finally to do this and open MT again -sigh-
  8. Would like to see the Alert Line have an entry for specific price rather than trying/dragging the line to the the trigger price. It's impossible to set the line to the penny ($0.01) of the trigger price. The Alert line is viewed as a Trend line and an alert triggers when price crossed the "Trend Line"... It would be very useful/helpful to have the alert Trigger on Cross of the Alert line Price and to be able to specify the exact price to the .01 and to have a visual on the chart. I can set an alert on the Alert window by price but there is no visual on the chart that the Alert exists. I update price alerts for 10-20 symbols throughout the day and some symbols have multiple alerts, it's quite cumbersome to edit all the price alerts via the alert window rather than on the chart. Thank you for your consideration, Sean
  9. Would like to see the Alert Line have an entry for specific price rather than trying/dragging the line to the the trigger price. It's impossible to set the line to the penny ($0.01) of the trigger price. The Alert line is viewed as a Trend line and an alert triggers when price crossed the "Trend Line"... It would be very useful/helpful to have the alert Trigger on Cross of the Alert line Price and to be able to specify the exact price to the .01 and to have a visual on the chart. I can set an alert on the Alert window by price but there is no visual on the chart that the Alert exists. I update price alerts for 10-20 symbols throughout the day and some symbols have multiple alerts, it's quite cumbersome to edit all the price alerts via the alert window rather than on the chart. Thank you for your consideration, Sean
  10. GLOP and AMZA should be OK now. They are still looking at the others
  11. Last week
  12. I checked - Ally API is not returning data for shares outstanding for those symbols. I will let them know
  13. The four symbols that won't load shrs out are AMZA, GLOP, PCI, and SMHB - in order, those are an ETF, a stock, a CEF, and an ETN. I know why mutual funds won't show shrs out, but those other four types of investments should report it.
  14. Ally Invest has two different systems. Regular "Ally Invest" and "Ally Invest for MBT". Which one do you have selected in MT. I checked and you are using regular Ally Invest. It should get the shared outstanding. If it does not, please indicate exactly which symbols it is not working for.
  15. A bit of confusion - I didn't mean the symbol CEF, I meant a Closed End Fund, actual symbol that won't load shrs out is PCI. Don't know what you mean by " are you using regular Ally Invest or MBT" - if you're asking how I'm fetching quotes in MT, it's Ally Invest at the moment (sometimes use TDA so I can trade from within MT).
  16. I checked and MT did get shares outstanding for CEF with Ally Invest. are you using regular Ally Invest or MBT?
  17. Jerry, just noticed that problem myself, on a watchlist only a fraction of the symbols had shrs out listed - swapped to using Yahoo as data source, then Ally, and they all filled in except a few - one ETN, one ETF, one CEF, and one stock - I can understand possible issues with ETNs/ETFs as shrs out fluctuate, but I went to the Ally website, looked up quotes for the CEF and it shows shrs out, but MT can't see it for some reason. Not a huge issue, just weird that Yahoo and Ally show shrs out for all four if you go to their webpages but MT can't download the data.
  18. oops, sorry, disregard that about alert trendlines - the horizontal alert trendlines will show on different types of intraday charts (time based and Tick charts for example). Not horizontal and intraday
  19. How do I get the Horizontal Alert Trendlines that I draw on Historical charts to show on Intraday charts?
  20. the whole point of the trace linking is to be able to link different symbols. And with different symbols, you have completely different Y axis ranges, so what you are proposing will not work. Historical charts and intraday charts cannot share annotation/trendlines except horizontal alert trendlines. Not something that will change.
  21. How do I do the two following things: When using Autoscroll have the cross-hair follow the Y-axis (price) on the other charts instead of snapping to the close of the candle. Have trendlines from the Historical Daily charts appear on the Intraday charts. If these are not possible when, will you implement them soon. Thank you
  22. 😀 I really thought this request wasn't much different than what you already do with the global scans. You know how the sausage is made, so I defer to your judgement
  23. even if we did have it for every row, we would still have to find the point X minutes back to compare to and repeat that every tick which is basically what the alert and paintbars do
  24. I think you're suggesting you don't have the 'total volume' stored in the database, so it would have to be calculated., where price is a single data point. Well, if thats a deal killer so be it (posted this before reading your reply) Are you talking about the ability to run more than one discreet scan (they would run serially, as many as the user stacked) in the same port ? That would be nice.
  25. if you add the global alert for that, MT has to do the same computation as paintbars for each symbol. That involves a lot of CPU and Memory usage. It is not just a matter of taking 2 numbers and showing the difference, which is what the stuff in the quote columns is. If you want to see the same values, you can do so with Scan, but we don't want to do such computed columns as built in because 1) there can be quite a few different permutations, and 2) the quotes are supposed to be fast and light. Not something that is supposed to use tons of CPU/memory. We do want to add multi-result scans in the future, which will make doing stuff like this easier for end-users.
  26. $TICK for TD Ameritrade datafeed should now be fixed
  27. Well, totally confused as to what the diff is. Global alert is for all open ports , no? What's the structural diff between detecting the % price move in X minutes, and % volume increase in X minutes?
  1. Load more activity