Medved Trader Forums

Request for Beta

maharnack

HI jerry, 

I was an original beta tester on Quote Tracker eons ago.  Ive been trying to use QT 3.9.8 with TDAmTrade recently, but I assume theres conflicts with the API and its disfunctional. 

In anycase please send me a download link for the beta, I always loved QT,now lets build something even better. 

regards from SC 

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed you.  As for TD Ameritrade account not working - the problem is that your TD Ameritrade account has been “Upgraded”, which ironically disables access to the API which all 3rd party applications use to communicate with TD Ameritrade servers. This can be as simple as enabling futures or advanced options or some other “Upgrade”. Another user said that the Ameritrade support guys didn’t know anything, but they “Downgraded” the account and that resolved the issue.

Assuming you don’t need the “upgrade” on your account, you can call them and tell them to reverse or downgrade whatever is needed so the API will work.

NOTE: Logging into Think Or Swim Software (TOS) WILL UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT, thus breaking access to the API, so Medved Trader will no longer be able to login. So don’t do it.

If you still have a problem in MT and the exact same login works on the TD Ameritrade web site directly, you can easily check this situation - go to this URL:

it directs the login to TD Ameritrade API servers that MT uses.  Logging in there is exactly the same as logging into TD Ameritrade via MT.  If successful, it should show you some XML including your account number, login time, etc.  If not, it will show brief XML saying Please try logging in with the same login you use in MT and tell me what you get.

The following is what you would see in the browser window if login succeeded.  If not, it would show something like:

<amtd>

<result>FAIL</result>

<error>Unable to authorize access.</error>

</amtd>

Which means that your login cannot access API servers.