Medved Trader Forums

IB ES feed, large volume first bar today

stock777

Any idea why the ES contract shows a 300,000 volume first bar today, after the holiday break?  Something wrong with the holiday file maybe?

Cleared and backfilled a few times.

Mostly care because it throws off the vwap calc, but just noticed setting max trade size to something large overcomes the issue for that.

Edited by stock777

changing timeframes wouldn't change the data, but would change how it is displayed and sub-totaled. I need to get the log file and data file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

go to FILE / Export Settings. Leave the checkboxes already checked (for user settings), and also check LOG FILE and QUOTE DATA.

Export, then send to me. NOTE: Thte file will be too big to email. Please use one of the cloud sharing services such as dropbox, Google Drive, or you can use the free one - https://www.wetransfer.com/

IB is sending some odd data during a period when there isn't supposed to be any trading for ES.  You have the chart set to show extended hours "Always", so it is showing that data, and it messes things up. If you change the ext. hours to "NEVER" for @ESH16 it will be OK. I will adjust our timeframe to define the rollover closer to the start time, but even so, their live data actually sent a big jump too.