Medved Trader Forums

Trade Log Cleared?

ydfah

About 4:25pm I exited MT, then realized I wanted to check something in the trade log. I started the program back up and the trade log is blank. I'm still on the same day, so shouldn't that information remain there until just before the next trading day? :angry:

I actually run both MT and QT at the same time while I'm getting used to MT. I restarted QT and the trades for the day were still shown there. Rather I should say the order history since that's the MT trade log equivalent function in QT.

That's one of the things that's keeping me from adopting MT as my primary trading platform...things are just too spread out all over the place. I'm always searching for where a feature might be hiding, that and the hard to read color schemes. :(

Oh yeah, and don't forget the lack of a scrolling ticker tape. :P

Edited by ydfah

Right, but to access it you have to open a new window, it's not accessible from the portfolio window. Then to view your balances, transactions or balances you have to open yet another window, the account view window. If you happen to click on "new trade ticket", or "account view" more than once then multiple windows open up. Now there are windows all over the place, some showing this, some showing that, some showing nothing. With QT all of this was accessible right off the portfolio window. You clicked the tab to open it, then you clicked the tab to close it, and they all stayed there nice and neat unless you chose to undock any of them.

You still up? LOL

"And you were restricted to one account at a time"

Was I? Hmm, I seem to remember being able to open multiple instances of QT should I happen to need one for each of my accounts. When I choose to use only a single instance, I just keep the trade tab open and quickly switch accounts via the account dropdown box. All nice and neat like.

In addition to docking, it would be helpful to find a way to better control multiple windows of the same thing for the same account being opened in order to prevent duplicates from floating around and cluttering the screen. We wouldn't want to cover over that upcoming scrolling ticker tape...now would we! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No ticker tape.  MT has something else. You can set a portfolio window to display as Tiles instead of the usual quote grid. Then just hide the ribbon and status bar and resize it however you want. If you resize the window so one row of tiles is shown horizontally, that is basically close to ticker tape.  But no scrolling.

Go to our web site's "Features" page here: https://www.medvedtrader.com/www/frontend/feature#8  - and click on that portfolios illustration to see it in more detail.