Medved Trader Forums

Lines: Horizontal/Ray/Vertical - time & price

HK~

Question

No doubt this is planned for the future after more pressing issues addressed. Just making note when horizontal/vertical lines are implemented that perhaps a horizontal ray may be added as well, along with minor additions to line format/configuration options.

Rays: 

Color & style, user select

price/value displayed on chart [optionally: left, right, center] toggle on/off

optional: Price indicated on Y axis, same as how "last price' is currently displayed. [toggle on/off]

Horizontal lines: 

price/value displayed on chart [optionally: left, right, center] toggle on/off

Vertical lines:

date/time displayed on chart [optionally: top, bottom, center] toggle on/off

Session Breaks:

[currently joined function with "grids"]

Freestyle:

beginning & end points display value on chart [Price of the attach/end points]

percent change from beginning and end point  [the %change +/-]

[optionally: left, right, center] 

[all the above can be added to a drop down menu, or check box[similar to current edit indicators right click option]

[toggle on/off = select box]

6fwe.png

ioes.png
9gn3.png

Thank you kindly,

HK

9 answers to this question

rays - Look on the DRAW tab. You can also hold down the ALT key while drawing.

Horizontal Lines - hold down the SHIFT key and draw the trendline. that will force it to be horizontal. 

Session Breaks - Yes, we can add user settings for every little thing, but that ends up being just overwhelming and impossible for anyone to learn. 

Yes, there are four points on a box but you could extend the box out at the same SP level that you drew it...like a region that you want to use for an alert. As the ticks accumulate, you can extend the box over the new area of the chart.

I can select a box and move it but I lose my starting point, however I can extend a box using the corner grab handles, so it would help if I could hold down the shift key to force it to be horizontal.

Cheers

It moves vertically, too. Once you start dragging in any direction, could then holding down the shift key force it to be either horizontal or vertical depending on the direction, perhaps? Let's say that you have click held and dragged the corner more in the horizontal direction that the vertical, then holding down the shift key would force it to continue in the horizontal direction at the same horizontal level, until you release the click hold and shift key.

Cheers