Medved Trader Forums

Trade alerts issue in new version

stock777

Just updated to the latest version , and the trade alerts seem busted. Firing only randomly. created a new alert for an active stock , just not firing even though t&s is printing.  

Issue prob not limited to trade, getting much fewer alerts in the log than usual.  ie, high of day alerts not working

Edited by stock777

I replied to your email. High/low - don't see any problem. Though obviously if the alert is deleted, that would explain you not getting it triggered.  

Trade Size - you are using TDA without the streaming tick quotes selected, so the trade size alert will not be accurate. Other than that, I do not see any issue.  To check further, I would need the exact alert you expect to fire - you have a lot so just looking for "something" wrong in the log is like a needle in a haystack.

Not sure what happened to the global new high/low alert I had in there. The backups of alert on my end are encrypted so I cant see when it disappeared.  Could be user error, but I don't think so.

Yeah, the Ameritrade tick by tick got RESET by the update, not me. Was fine yest, and I didn't go near the account screen.

You know, it might be an issue of WHEN the datafeed updates the lastvol. if it is not in the same update record as the VOLUME, you might get bid/ask/last vol change but not the volume and the new check I put in for volume might be filtering it out.  In which case, would need to remove that. or at least tweak it somehow.