Medved Trader Forums

Hot Keys! and One click buttons

erician

Question

The trader box is a mess, been using it for a few days and while I like everything else so far, the trade box stinks.

I would like to see Hot Keys for trading #1

Second is I would like to option to set up buttons like I can with IB, I have customized buttons so with 1 click I can do things like buy 50 @ mkt or sell 50 @ mkt, etc.

12 answers to this question

Eric,

When you say "Trader Box", are you referring to the trade ticket?  NOTE that the QTY is defaulted based on user specified preconfigured rules, as is the default order type. If set to Market, you could send the buy/sell order with ALT+B or ALT+S.  The specific shortcuts and others can be user configured on SETTINGS /APPLICATION / KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS, under the Trade Ticket section. 

Having said that, we would like to expand this area a bit in the future.

Also, MT has more trading options on the Charts and DOM window

Thanks Jerry,

I meant the trade ticket.

I dont see the ability to customize hotkeys  other than buy at ask, buy market, things like that.  Id like to be able to specify the amnount od shares I want to buy or sell: ie a hot key that buys 50 shares at the ask, another that buys 100 shares at the ask, etc. 

I've attached the market depth trader box I usually use with IB, I've customized it by share size and trade type.  It makes it super easy for me to get in and out of stocks when Im day trading and would love to see this feature in MT.  I think others would as well.

I think features like this would make MT stand out even more. 

Thanks for listening

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

the shortcut buttons will buy/sell whatever QTY and order type is there. The defaulting of that is per account. Go to SETTINGS / TRADING / ACCOUNTS, click on your account, and on the right look under the QUANTITY tab for the rules for defaulting the Quantity, and ORDER SETTINGS for changing default order type, TIF, etc.

in the version you have, you can hit the letter T while the cursor is in Drop Mode to change the order type (it cycles through the different order types, going to the next one with every hit of T)

In a future release, we will have an option to select an order type before starting the order drop mode (either with clicking buy/sell or hitting the corresponding shortcut)