Medved Trader Forums

Can't draw on chart

Let me check further.  Now I can,  not sure what was going on but I switched drawing tools, cancelled and reorderd trades and all I got was hand.. But like I said it now seems ok. The one thing I did was start adding back in indicators I removed when troubleshooting what was going on....

Everything you place on the chart has a "detect bubble" around it so you can move it or edit it. Indicators, for example. It's a compromise that helps usability at the expense of having once in a while problems drawing. You have to start the drawing at an "empty" spot on the chart. One thing you can do if one of the anchors of the drawing just needs to be right next to let's say an indicator line, draw it a bit off, then move it.

Just noticed I can draw even though I am seeing the hand instead of crosshairs.  Not sure if this is different this time or not.  Pics above show where the hand is being displayed vs cross hairs.  anything above high crosshair and below low one I get the crosshair, in between I get the hand