Medved Trader Forums

A easier way to delete duplicate symbols in a portfolio so only one remains

Almighty1

Question

There should be a easier way to delete duplicate symbols in a portfolio as for example so only one of each symbol exists, today I noticed it said I exceeded the 1500 symbols for TD Ameritrade streaming quotes but I only have 300 entries, the problem is a lot of symbols because I just copy and paste them could be duplicates of what was already there.

3 answers to this question

We could add that, but note that symbols are de-duped before subscribing to data feed. So if you enter them several times in the portfolio, they are not subscribed multiple times to the data feed.

Send is your settings (which would include your portfolios) from the Help submenu - and I will look why it would exceed 1500. Mention this thread in the comments so I know what it is about.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, Mike Medved said:

We could add that, but note that symbols are de-duped before subscribing to data feed. So if you enter them several times in the portfolio, they are not subscribed multiple times to the data feed.

Send is your settings (which would include your portfolios) from the Help submenu - and I will look why it would exceed 1500. Mention this thread in the comments so I know what it is about.

Good to know, but sometimes when editing, it seems it might help if there was a way to just highlight the extra entries since for some, I really did have over a dozen duplicates for one symbol.  I guess on a 4K screen, there are way more lines per screen that I forgot about.  

Reviving an old thread...

Would it be possible prevent duplicates from being added on portfolios/watchlists? I too add symbols quickly and end up with many duplicates, would be nice if the platform prevented them all together if ticker already exists.

Thanks