Medved Trader Forums

Trade ticket not updating when changing symbols

makincash

If you enter a symbol of a stock which you have a position in the trade ticket auto-populates however if you enter a new symbol of a ticker you don't have a position in the share count stays on what the previous one was.  I would think it should either reset to 0 or to a count associated with your buying power.

I had it set to zero as I prefer the quantity to either set to what I currently hold of the symbol for that account or to be zero so I know the account doesn't hold any.  In the situation I was describing above the trade windows correctly set the quantity if I have a position however if I change the symbol to something else and don't have a position in it, the previous  quantity of the prior symbol is left in the trade ticket instead of setting it to zero.

Did the trick. They are now resetting when I change the symbol. 

Something else I noticed while testing this is that if you have a few linked trade windows and you enter a ticker they all are populated with the same ticker and show the currently held shares or quantity 1 now in my case.  If you modify one of the trade windows share count, then want to get back to the defaults i figured I should be able to reenter the symbol into one of the trade windows and all linked windows would update.  However if the symbol is the same as what was already there it just ignores that you retyped it.  So you need to enter another symbol and then reenter the original one to get your default QTYs set back.

For me ideally if you reenter a symbol it would like to see it reset all the trade windows as if you were changing to a different one.  Not sure if there are any other negative impacts to others workflows though.

After setting the default Qty to 1   I am finding that most trade tickets are always defaulting to 1 instead of the current share price when Medved starts.  As in the pic above I do have use account position checked.  This occurs on Medved startup when all the trade tickets open.  If I change the symbol to something else and then back to the previous one all the defaults set to the account position Qty as they should.

Any way to force refresh all trade tickets manually?

Note, I can see the green share counts in the share count bar on each tickets.  Just tried reloading the layout and it didn't update the qty.  

Smaller layout currently, 2 screens, 6 charts, few depth charts, 1 raw data, 25 trade ticket windows.

Could you add F5 to the trade tickets so if pressed it will refresh them using the current symbol? so essentially fake change the symbol away from the current one and back to the original? Then I should be able to refresh one and the rest of the linked one would update at the same time.

That will only update that current trade ticket, I just tried.  

In my situation I buy and sell the same stock in multiple accounts so I have multiple trade tickets and a chart linked.

When I make a change to one trade ticket it then updates the rest with the same symbol and updates the share count to the related accounts position across all the linked tickets.

However right now since I am getting QTY 1 after medved launches instead of the account QTY, I have to go to at least 1 trade ticket from each group and enter a different symbol press tab then go and reenter the old symbol and press tab then all the linked trade tickets get the original symbol back and they are updated to the QTY of its associated account. I can't just re-enter the current symbol as the ticket ignore me doing that so I have to go to another symbol  then back to the original to get them to update.

So if you could Make F5 force a refresh of the ticket and that cause the linked tickets to also update all I would need to do is click on one of each group of tickets and press F5.  Even just being able to reenter the same symbol into each group isn't too bad (not as good a an F5/refresh) and therefore not have to enter another symbol in between would be ok.