Medved Trader Forums

How to type symbols into the portfolio and how to un-highlight a symbol in a portfolio?

Almighty1

I have a question, when I put my mouse cursor over the Add Symbols under the main tab for a Portfolio on MT, it says in the NOTE that I can just start typing the symbols right on the portfolio.  How is this done and what am I doing incorrectly as for example, I tried to just type in QCOM, when I typed the Q, it goes to the first symbol in my portfolio that starts with the letter Q and when I type in C, it goes to the first symbol that starts with C.  I have symbols starting with all 26 characters of the alphabet so I don't know how it would react if I did not have something that starts with that character but how does one type the symbol so MT will accept that symbol to add.  Also, if a symbol is highlighted, how do I deselect it so no symbol is highlighted in the portfolio?  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.6d8b00f13ddb233849291f75476bcab5.png

On 10/26/2020 at 4:08 AM, Jerry Medved said:

there is always at least one row selected. If you have multiple, then just click on any symbol. Cannot unselect the one row.

Thanks for confirming, I thought when a portfolio is opened, it has everything unselected by default until one clicks on something, could be wrong.  
I guess the only problem with always having one row selected is that one can delete something by accident without knowing.