Medved Trader Forums

Streaming Quotes

Jafo

Hello,

First, I'm glad to see you back and I'm glad I finally found you! I used QT back in the day but lost access to it when it went to TDA. Very glad to see MT!

I have my Account View, a portfolio and a watchlist on my screen. The watchlist is the only one that seems to be using the streaming quotes from Questrade consistently. For the Account View and the portfolio, I have to open a chart for each ticker to 'kick start' it. Then the quotes stream for a while then stop again. This results in a different quote for the three different windows which is how I can tell it is not streaming again. I must have something set up wrong but I can't find what that is. Please point me to the setting if it sounds to you like I've set something wrong.

Thanks

Hi I am just wonder your post looks familiar and i mentioned I using Medved in a Reddit form. Just wondering if you were the person I communicated in the comments.

I also having some road bumps in the I use the most active, top gainers and losers to for my watch list.

I not sure I see the same in Medved.  

Also I cannot get level 2 working on my Medved 

17 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

on any portfolio window, make sure that

A) you have the quote source you want selected and

B) that the quotes are started. If the button on top says START, click on it

Hi Jerry,

The quote source is selected and the quotes are started. I waited until the market opened to check.  Right now the portfolio I made has the green flashing icon, on the Main tab the button is green, flashing and says Stop but none of the numbers are updating. I have to open a chart for each symbol and then the streaming starts for that symbol and stays streaming for a while but then it stops again.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Jafo said:

Main tab the button is green, flashing and says Stop but none of the numbers are updating. 

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

I sent the logs.

This morning I created another portfolio to see if that changed anything. I didn't copy the existing portfolio, I just created a new one and then added the same symbols. The symbols populated with the same incorrect numbers from the first portfolio but still did not stream until I opened a chart. When I opened the chart, the symbol started streaming in both portfolios. Maybe I have something linked incorrectly or something?

Thanks

16 hours ago, AlohaGold88 said:

Hi I am just wonder your post looks familiar and i mentioned I using Medved in a Reddit form. Just wondering if you were the person I communicated in the comments.

I also having some road bumps in the I use the most active, top gainers and losers to for my watch list.

16 hours ago, AlohaGold88 said:

13 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

Reddit - most likely.

top gainers/most active - we do not currently have that.

Level II - which quote source are you using for that?

I am using Questrade so when I go to the level 2 feed it does not show up... apparently they haven't responded since 2018 to you!

17 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

You are using incorrect symbols. you have to use MT symbol format, which is:

VEE:CA

and NOT VEE.TO

change all the *.TO symbols to *:CA

Make sure you have no symbols with .TO suffix. Then, restart MT.

That was it. Thanks.
I saw in the help file that I needed to put in an exchange but I didn’t know what that was. I looked at the symbols in Questrade and they showed ‘.TO’ so I used that and it seemed to work. But it didn’t work very well. Now it works properly.
Thanks