Medved Trader Forums

Pre-Pre Market Backfill Ameritrade

stock777

TD Ameritrade backfill does return data for that period. However, in MT there are two backfill modes. Full and Auto. Full is when you explicitly request. Auto is when MT  automatically backfills when you open a chart or do backfill all on the portfolio.

Auto checks gaps and only backfills to the oldest gap if needed. Extended hours periods are NOT considered gaps. So if the only missing data is during extended, it will not auto backfill. It should if you explicitly click on the Backfill button

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Reviving an old post as I am having the same issue. No matter what I Extended Hours setting I choose on the chart, I'm not able to get backfill data from 4AM-7AM using TD. As soon as I switch the default source to IB and force a backfill, it shows up no problem. Looks like TD may have stopped providing that data.

no, they did not change anything. Here is a chart I backfilled just now with TD Ameritrade

image.png

If you are not seeing that, please backfill same then send me logs. Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

include the URL of this post in the comment when sending

9 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

no, they did not change anything. Here is a chart I backfilled just now with TD Ameritrade

image.png

If you are not seeing that, please backfill same then send me logs. Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

include the URL of this post in the comment when sending

4AM-7AM premarket data is what's in question, the chart you posted also does not show this data. I just tried again and IB has 4AM-7AM data, TD does not. Posting screen grabs the one with 4AM data is IB, the other TDA. Also sent log file. 

IB.PNG

TDA.PNG

• 1 month later...