Medved Trader Forums

Account view not updating for only 1 symbol

Gord

My Account view shows I have some Call options open on DIS.  It shows symbol, quantity & amount paid.  It won't show value, last, bid etc.

All my other positions show all columns.  This has happened previously with DIS options but only DIS.

Can you advise?

Thanks.

DIS Calls.png

You're right Jerry, the actual option is 197.5

I thought the symbol in the window was simply truncated or may just not show decimal places.

I really like that I can have an intraday chart of the options not just the chain showing. On the chart window of the option you can see the $197.50 price

and if I add to my position the # of options in account view updates correctly, just not the other details and as you saw, the price doesn't display properly.

However, here's a bizarre, interesting & potentially dangerous twist. And I've noticed this happen twice now on DIS options.

I place an order on the chart window. Usually after sending it stays visible.  A couple of times it hasn't and I've ended up with double orders getting executed. Once I wanted to add 2 & got 4 & next time went to add 3 & got 6 but they execute as 2 different orders each time.

Later on I placed a limit order to get out at $4.50.  It didn't get back there but late in the afternoon I decided to perhaps sell just above breakeven so not to carry this position through the weekend.  I got a server error when trying to send the order. I then checked the chart window - screen cap attached. You can't see my order to STC at $4.50 on Medved but look at my broker's screen capture. The order is there and that's why I think I got the server error, it wasn't going to let me submit on Medved & since I couldn't see it, I could not modify it.  

Unfortunately with Questrade if I'm in Medved I can't access the trade platform since they see me logged in.  I have to logout. login their to check things, logout & can then get back into Medved. Rather awkward they have that restriction.

DIS double order.png

DIS option chart.png

DIS sell order.png

37 minutes ago, Gord said:

and if I add to my position the # of options in account view updates correctly, just not the other details and as you saw, the price doesn't display properly.

If the symbol is not being read in correctly, neither the quote data for it or position on the chart will show, since the symbol does not match what MT has on the chart.

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

Add this Post’s URL in the comment.