Medved Trader Forums

Desktop and Laptop Synch

ydfah

Question

I run MT on my desktop but am thinking about installing it on my laptop as well to have with me when I'm mobile. One of the things stopping me is trying to keep both installations the same as options, colors, and positions are changed. I'd like to see a feature where the two installations could be synched by having the appropriate files shared through a service such as MS OneDrive or Google Drive. Assuming of course both installations could be used at the same time under the same MT license.

4 answers to this question

A live update wouldn't be necessary. I was thinking more like (if the option to do so was set) the files would backup when closing MT and the files would be read when starting MT, or simply a manually activated "Synch Now" menu entry.

Yes that's along the lines of what I was thinking, but it seems tedious to do manually each time every day. If the ability was built into MT the guesswork and potential for wrong file transfer errors would be eliminated.

Of course if it's too hard or beyond your abilities to integrate I can understand your reasons for shying away from the challenge. :)