Medved Trader Forums

Trading Account

mlsignups

I assume I'm just doing something wrong or it could be a bug; probably my error...

I have multiple trading accounts in interactive brokers.

I set up a new hotkey / saved order.   In the "account" I picked account #2 (using that as a placeholder).

In the "acct" field in the window itself it is set to Acct #1, which is my default account.

I placed a trade but it ignored the account in the hotkey/saved order and went to account #1.   Is there something else I need to do so it uses the account that is in the order itself; rather than the account showing under the trading tab?

If I have it set up as a saved order and want it to send directly but i want to send it to a specific account, regardless of what the chart window account is set to - do i just set "send" to  TRUE and also set the account in the order and press the button?

(see picture)

If i just want it to drop and then manually send after i press the button for a saved order... is there a way to do that and make sure it goes to the account in the order instead of the one in the chart window?

2021-10-12_22-15-35.jpg

ok...but for now. if i use it as above in the picture - i just wanted to confirm if i click on the button and Send is ON - it will send it to the account in the order ticket (vs the one on the screen?)  or not.   just need to know how to handle.

thanks

Or are you saying the saved order ignores the account setting in the ticket?

10 minutes ago, mlsignups said:

If I have it set up as a saved order and want it to send directly but i want to send it to a specific account, regardless of what the chart window account is set to - do i just set "send" to  TRUE and also set the account in the order and press the button?

(see picture)

If i just want it to drop and then manually send after i press the button for a saved order... is there a way to do that and make sure it goes to the account in the order instead of the one in the chart window?

If you do SEND=TRUE, it will work
if you want it to load the trade ticket AND switch the account, right now it will work only in "Hotkey" mode - in other words, no button, and have to assign a keyboard shortcut in order to execute it. We will change that stuff around a bit in future updates to allow you to do it as a "Saved Order" too.

7 minutes ago, mlsignups said:

ok...but for now. if i use it as above in the picture - i just wanted to confirm if i click on the button and Send is ON - it will send it to the account in the order ticket (vs the one on the screen?)  or not.   just need to know how to handle.

thanks

Or are you saying the saved order ignores the account setting in the ticket?

and if you specify the account in the "Order" itself, it will not work for DROP. In that situation, if you do DROP=true, SEND=false. then you will get an error.  

thanks.    i think i'm ok if i just send it at this point.      it's a really cool feature in general.   there are 6 or 7 typical trades i make and # of shares is always a calculation; either based on % of account or amount of risk to low of day or another indicator - so being able to just press a button, have it calculate the share and place the order really simplifies things.  thanks