Medved Trader Forums

Broker to MT Portfolio Synching

ydfah

Question

I know this was a feature back with QT where it would retrieve current positions from my broker and auto-fill them into a specified portfolio, along with trade prices and quantities. Is it possible for you to add this ability into MT as well? Seems like it might be a popular feature for those of us that are in and out of positions frequently.

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ydfah said:

I know this was a feature back with QT where it would retrieve current positions from my broker and auto-fill them into a specified portfolio, along with trade prices and quantities. Is it possible for you to add this ability into MT as well? Seems like it might be a popular feature for those of us that are in and out of positions frequently.

MT's Account View window takes care of that functionality since the positions are updated realtime and quotes are realtime there as well

Inline charts, bid/ask share amounts, pressure indicator, nor does it have all the colors (green, red, etc.) to quickly help indicate price, bid/ask up/down actions and volumes. Plus it means having yet another window open, and a large one at that in order to see all the necessary columns. If the information could simply transfer over to my open portfolio window life would be better. :)

Edited by ydfah

bid/ask size columns are there. you can add them to the view.

colors - you don't see them because by default the quotes are not stored. Assuming you are only using one datafeed, or the same datafeed as the broker, you can go to VIEW tab on the account view window and check the ACTIVE QUOTES checkbox. Pressure and chart are not there because by default these are not "active" or stored quotes. but can see about adding that

9 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

Pressure and chart are not there because by default these are not "active" or stored quotes. but can see about adding that

No don't bother, it's not what I am looking for. I watch more than just my current positions, I also watch other symbols that I might or might not jump into. The whole idea is to combine everything in one open window not have another window open to take up even more screen space. I'll just keep manually adding and deleting my positions in my main window.

I admit I'm no programmer so I might not have a grasp on the level of complexity when it comes to adding features or altering an otherwise working program. But at the same time I'm not one to embrace the word "impossible", "difficult" maybe but not "impossible." That being said, is it possible to place markers (like what's done with --- for subtotals) and then positions get automatically placed between the 2 markers, leaving the rest of the portfolio untouched?