Medved Trader Forums

Prior daily bar in premarket not showing correctly

mlsignups

I'm wondering if this is a setting somewhere.

When we are in premarket - my daily bar from the prior day is not showing correctly; it is taking into account what is happening that morning.

For instance, today (11/29), on the QQQ chart, the bar on Friday was a red candle, as shown in the chart with the black background from Interactive Brokers.

Yet the daily chart I have in Medved is showing differently during premarket as the market is up today.   (Note the last bar on the right on the dark chart is correct.

mv1.jpg

ib1.jpg

what i found is there is a setting which says "real time updates on historical charts"

if i turn that OFF, then prior day works ok in premarket.   but then i have to turn it on once day starts.

i'll have to check backfill tomorrow pre market.   

So the issue it seems is that when you have real time updated on historical charts - at least on my system - it is updating the prior day if it's premarket since i assume there is no "today" bar on the daily chart.??  does that make sense?   

in exploring further i think my original thinking was off and the differences we are seeing is as follows.

if I keep real time off; i get the 4:00pm market close price of yesterday as the last bar.    if i turn real time on in the morning, the closing price from the prior day stays the same, but any activity the night before as well as this morning are reflected in the next bar.  in other words, yesterday's after market activity is not impacting yesterday's bar, it's impacting todays.

in other words, if you look at PPSI - which happened to move a lot after market yesterday - the chart closed at 7.63 at 4:30 and is reflected accurately in the chart below. (rtdaily1 , bottom pic)

But it moved to like 11 by end of the after market as shown by the 5 minute chart, below. (rtdaily2, 2nd to bottom pic)

But if I turn Real Time on, it adds a bar for today (11/30) but includes both after market from yesterday as well as premarket from today in that bar. (rtdaily3, 3rd to bottom pic)

So the issue is that the 11/29 after market data is impacting the wrong day.   You can see the interactive brokers chart (black background) as to how i would expect it would have worked when I turn after market data on. (ibpicture, top).

Back filling doesn't seem to make any difference.

ibpicture.jpg

rtdaily3.jpg

rtdaily2.jpg

rtdaily1.jpg

Edited by mlsignups