Medved Trader Forums

Premarket data impacting historical chart on wrong day II

mlsignups

WAnted to followup since I am seeing the same thing again as before.

Premarket data when shown on the historical chart is impacting the day before rather than the day of.

In the first chart ( 5 minute with aftermarket)... you can see the stock today (UPST) was still around 176 until about 7am today; so all the upward movement was after 7am today.

In the 3rd chart you can see with real time off how yesterday (12/2) closed.  This is accurate.

In the 2nd chart, when I turn real time on today at 9am... you can see that the price increase from today is changing the 12/2 bar not adding a 12/3 bar.

I have tried backfilling UPST multiple times from 2 different sources and the daily bar is not added premarket.

The black background chart is interactive brokers with aftermarket data turned ON and is showing what i'd expect; which is the close from yesterday and a morning up bar today.

Thanks for looking into.

SNAG-8259.jpg

SNAG-8258.jpg

SNAG-8257.jpg

SNAG-8260.jpg

Edited by mlsignups

ok, so the issue is not that it is updating the day before candle, but rather that it is not creating a new candle. The realtime option always updates the last candle on the chart, which as you can see in your pictures, it is in fact doing. The problem is that it did not create a new one. 

I assume the issue was at 9:00 AM Eastern, before market opened.

What timezone are you in, just in case that is causing the problem?