Medved Trader Forums

Options Charting Like ThinkorSwim

Cloves2020

Thanks for the reply Mike, 

Do you guys have a video demonstrating this? I have my options set to backfill using "smart source". 

Just to elaborate, so in medved I can trade options on the trading chart using options pricing similar to tos? Meaning I can put and move the buy capsules around visually. Below is tos and VALE options pricing charted.

image.thumb.png.505efe1ea57536b42dde062476e9a41c.png

So I was able to load my td account and I can see my current options listed in the positions. 

If I right click on an option and pick the intraday option for one of the options, a chart windows pops up but it is blank and I see the options info and in front the "there is no data to chart"

Timage.png.32df495926e731160d25aca719445e30.png

I have set option data to smart and also tried yahoo and ally and same results

Thanks Mike, I had to make yahoo smart source priority "high". 

In terms of trading real time is the yahoo data real time and the fastest available source? Also have ally (which pretty sure is delayed in options) and webull.

Is there any noticeable delay when submitted option buy/sell orders and getting filled etc on either ally or td when using Medved? 

TD Ameritrade does have real-time option quotes. Just not backfill. So if you have the option symbols in your portfolio, MT will get quotes on them and will use them to build charts and update charts. The Yahoo backfill would only be for getting historical data for when you were not getting quotes. NOTE: option quote would only be gathered, stored if the option symbol chart is open or the symbol is in portfolio. NOT just on option chain and not in account view.

There should be no difference for placing orders via MT or TD or Ally site - in fact my guess is that order entry is faster via MT. As for fills, that occurs on the servers and is not impacted by the client software. 

QuoteMedia and IQFeed have Option symbol backfill. dxFeed I believe does too - we will release it soon. 

14 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

TD Ameritrade does have real-time option quotes. Just not backfill. So if you have the option symbols in your portfolio, MT will get quotes on them and will use them to build charts and update charts. The Yahoo backfill would only be for getting historical data for when you were not getting quotes. NOTE: option quote would only be gathered, stored if the option symbol chart is open or the symbol is in portfolio. NOT just on option chain and not in account view.

There should be no difference for placing orders via MT or TD or Ally site - in fact my guess is that order entry is faster via MT. As for fills, that occurs on the servers and is not impacted by the client software. 

QuoteMedia and IQFeed have Option symbol backfill. dxFeed I believe does too - we will release it soon. 

Ahh ok that makes sense. So I can use tdamerica for the options live during the day but not historical. What happens at night? Originally I did try to load an option but nothing showed up the chart when I used td as the source. 

Do you happen to know if td or yahoo would be better for live data during market hours?