Medved Trader Forums

Drag to move charts

makincash

Would it be possible to add a right click (hold the button) and drag feature where it would allow you to drag the chart like you can if you have the Drag-Scroll drawing tool selected?  Would be very nice that you wouldn't have to always click the icons to switch between alert line drawing and dragging the chart around.

Edited by makincash

Ya I use the roller all the time.  I was thinking the hand(drag-scroll) featured worked liked tradingview where you can drag the chart more then just right and left but also up and down.   

So ya if the right mouse hold only goes right left on the timeline then no point.

If you could make it so right click and hold did both drag right left and up down to move the position of the chart vertically then it might make sense, but I don't think medved allows that kind of movement of the chart vertically.  So might just be better to save that extra right click hold for another feature.

Oh ya I see it does work like tradingview with the Drag-scroll hand when on absolute.  

-Maybe if you are on absolute mode you could have right click and drag work like the Drag-Scroll hand tool which would just add functionality with out having to change the current drawing tool.

Also noticed:

-When you right click on the y-axis you get a list of scale types.  When you click on one of the options the dialog box pops up with options which I don't think is ideal as normally you are probably just be changing from one scale to another so you just want to select the new scale and not the dialog box.  Maybe have left click on the scale option in the list select it and right click bring up the dialog box?  Or if right click isn't a function in the list of types just have it select the first time and the next time you click on it bring up the dialog box?