Medved Trader Forums

Questrade options chart issue

Hi,

The options chart do not update, sometimes, it's updated when i have the option chain in the background, but most of the time, the chart is not updated automatically. I have to click the backfill button often in order to see the chart. I did not perform well because of that recently. I'm with Questrade and i have all the us data package with them .

PS I choose very liquid and volatile stock options on the SPY ticker.

keep in mind that Questrade has a ridiculously low limit for the # of symbols that you can stream, and with option chain, every visible symbol on that chain counts as 1.  could it be that you are exceeding the limit for # of symbols? you can go to the main dashboard window, click on SOURCES on top right. Then look at the # shown for Questrade in the Level I column. is it 50 or more?

Hi, no it's not that, i found what the problem really is. For the limite i always see 30 and less. This morning i trade one particular strike in the option, everything was good during 40 minutes until i close that chart and load it again, that particular strike do not update the chart no more, but all the other strike, when i open the chart it's working. it's a bug that annoys.. because it forces me to choose another strike

I am sorry - really not following you there. I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:
Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add this this Post’s URL in the comment, along with the EXACT option symbol that you had the problem with.