Medved Trader Forums

Teamviewer multimonitor dual screen issues with Medved

makincash

If you have a dual monitor setup on a machine and have your Medved windows spread across both monitors there are no issues launching Medved through an Anydesk session but for some odd reason if you start Medved well connected via Teamviewer all Medved windows are pulled over to the monitor you are currently viewing with Medved.  If you launch Medved and immediately close teamviewer and give Medved time to finish loading everything is fine as well.

Hoping you have some ideas why this might be, drives me crazy as I forget to close Teamviewer when I launch Medved and then have to go and do a layout restore often.

so what does Anydesk have to do with it? I have started/restarted MT via TeamViewer frequently without any issues. Anydesk seemed funky with the view constantly switching. don't know about loading the windows though - did not see any issues on Friday when I was doing just that.

In general, windows would only get moved by MT if the location of the window would not fall on any connected monitor

Just that anydesk works ok when starting a multimonitor Medved session remotely (ie windows open on each of the monitors correctly) but for some reason with teamviewer it doesn't.  I find teamviewer to be faster and have a better quality picture hence I would prefer to use it.  

I 'm specifically talking if you have a two monitor layout with teamviewer.  If you close Medved on the two monitor layout via temaviewer or directly and then restarted Medved the medved windows that were one the second screen get moved over to the teamviewer screen you are looking at with teamviewer. Single screen layout works fine with temaviewer.

I can send a video of what happens if ya want.

I'm guessing for some reason Medved thinks there is only one screen and just starts placing the 2nd screens Medved windows on the 1st screen.  Like I said if you start Medved and quickly close Teamviewer and let Medved finish starting, you can then go back in via Teamviewer and all windows are correctly on the two monitors.

MT does not do anything teamViewer specific. there are standard functions that we use to identify available screens. there is nothing we can do about it if TeamViewer somehow messes with that. However, I have not had that happen in the many many times I have used TV to remote on many different computers.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to recreate this without closing teamviewer.

My setting are set like this 

image.png.7593e4fd60ad96e128ea38e2f4c34a74.png

If you are remoted into a single monitor of a 2 monitor setup and minimize medved with those settings using the minimize all icon in the Medved dashboard and then click on Medved on the taskbar to bring up back up, everything is drawn to the monitor you are remoted into.

image.png.b818a06ab5a3ec906d6fc633741897fb.png

Can you see anything when Medved reloads all it's windows that might identify why Medved thinks there is only one screen to put all the windows on?

I just did that. It restored correctly. on restore we don't do anything with window position. Minimize all just minimizes and hides all windows and when you restore, it just unhides them and does a restore. At that point, MT does not even validate the location or move the windows, so if it is getting messed up, something else is doing it.