Medved Trader Forums

Etrade and options orders

stock777

I dont often trade options at Etrade, but noticed  an issue today, where an order for 7 kept showing up on the level 2  as a 1 lot.

I had the display order size at 0 , which I thought was to default. Not  sure, but even when reentering the order multiple times with display  size set to 7 and also with display size unchecked,  kept getting  shown on the book (I was the lone high bid)  as 1 lot .    As the only high bid , it was easy to see my order.

Etrade is seeing the order as 7 , and the MY Account view shows 7 , so thats not the issue .

I entered the order from the ETRADE website, and it showed immediately  at the real size on the book .  But not using MT .  Had the routing set to Auto , and Day.  I noticed also that All or none, does not display at all on the book , but thats probably normal.

In fact, I place an order for 7 (7 WAS the order size as shown in the account view and on Etrade)  and a big block (200+)  traded immediately at the price when I bid high , and I only got one stinking contract.    So its as if the order was on the book for only 1 .

Is there something  to this and has anyone seen this problem ? image.png.3e7a7d4bbb2e7e1f7f4b2d197509087c.png

Heres the screen shot of only getting 1 of 7 filled.

I'll test this a few more times to see if there's an actual issue here.

I thought as much, but as I said, when placed on the Etrade site, I had no problem getting displayed.

Something def not right .    Any chance their API is doing something strange?

I'll test more when I get a chance and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Edited by stock777