Medved Trader Forums

Anchored VWAP question

mlsignups

I do mostly swing trading.   I'm hearing more and more about anchored VWAP on daily charts.   I'd like to try to add/play around with it but for Anchored VWAP to work my understanding is that it has to be anchored on a stock by stock basis to something that makes sense - the day of a gap, a big bar, etc.   It is not the same for each stock.

I was playing around tonight and when I use it the date seems to travel for all stocks in Medved - it does not seem like I can use a different date for each stock.

1. Is that true or am I missing something?

2. If it is currently just one day throughout the system - any chance adding a date per symbol can make it onto your feature request(s)?

Thanks

If you open a historical chart for stock A, set VWAP to anchor at 1/1/2020 then close it.

Then open a historical chart for stock B, set VWAP to anchor at 1/1/2021 then close it.

Then re-open historical chart for stock A, the VWAP anchor will be remembered.

But, if you switch charts by either typing a new symbol in the chart or by using linked symbols, the anchor date (or any other parameters for any other indicators) won't change.

Thanks Mike - I assume based on what I saw, though, and what you are saying... if i go line by line down a watchlist of stocks showing historical data and this is linked to one historical chart, all the VWAP numbers will stay the same; is that true?   If so, I hope you can consider looking to find a way to implement it in a way that is more similar to other charting programs as it is becoming more popular from what I can tell.

Thanks

Edited by mlsignups

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Mike Medved   It looks like you were able to incorporate this into the 2/20 beta?  (Different VWAP dates for different stocks in the same window?).

It looks like it's working for me - so thanks.

Three things I wanted to mention:

1. If you go into the "edit indicators) then go to edit the VWAP date from there on a stock - and save - it does not change.   I assume that is a bug.... but...

2. If anyone else is using this it is much easier to right click on the legend on the screen to change the date for a particular stock and then you can see in real time if you picked the right date or not ... so the bug doesn't really get in the way but wanted to mention.

3. Finally - this is really helpful so thank you again.   That being said if once you opened the click on the legend and can change the date it would be cool if there was a way to visually do this on the screen by but in this case the legend modal box closes so you can't.   That would make things easier but not necessary.

Thanks