Medved Trader Forums

DxFeed Level II

timtrader

It seems that you were not subscribed to Level II. You just had Level I subscription and the stuff you were seeing in Level II window is actually a small subset – “regionals” data.  They turned that off recently, but I should be back now. For true Level II data (with much more detail) you would want to subscribe to TotalView and/or EDGX data.

OK, its back to the way is was, so thanks for reaching out to them!  I really only use DxFeed for Level II on NYSE stocks since the Level II from IQfeed is no good for that.  Originally the DxFeed bundle included a basic Level II feed (top of book for both NASDAQ and NYSE)  I have that back now, but I don't see the option for it on their web site, so I guess that's what they recently dropped.  If if goes away again, I'll subscribe to TotalView.  For example of what I currently see and what's good enough for me, here's a screen shot of a NYSE stock.  The left Level II screen is what I get from IQFeed and the one on the right is what I currently get from DxFeed:

Level II examples.png

• 8 months later...

I assume you also are subscribing to the Level I quotes? ($49/month option)

1) on settings, data sources / configure accounts, click on dxFeed and check the box for "Level II - Show BBO"

2) EDGX book is a separate subscription - MT merges the various books. However, I believe their top of book is in the BBO data.

I have Level ll BBO checked. I was just wondering which subscription this guy had because in his screenshot of his level ll, there are multiple exchanges showing.

I had a different question as well. For some reason my Raw Data Window is blank this morning. I closed and re-opened MedVed and there is no change. Any reason why I can't see the orders going through there?

if you have BBO checked but not seeing the other MMIDs, then you are not getting BBO.  That is why I asked if you just subscribed to TotalView or you got he quotes too. Without the quotes, there will be no BBO.  And for that matter, the raw data issue is probably related since that comes from quotes

Okay, couple of questions.

What does BBO stand for? 

Before today I was able to see raw data. That changed when I went into settings, unticked BBO and then re-ticked it and now I can't see it. How can I fix that?

And are you saying that if I want to see all exchanges on level ll, like the ones form the screen shot above, I have to subscribe as well to EDGEX? If I did that wouldn't I just receive quotes from EDGEX + totalview?

I unchecked it because I wanted to see if it would somehow allow me to see other exchanges on my level ll. Currently, I can see orders on my level ll but my raw data is blank. I want to know how to fix that (because I did have raw data before). And I want to know which US equities plan will give me access to see multiple exchanges such as the ones on the level ll posted by timtrader in the above threads.

I don't believe I need US Equities level one because that is included in US total view which I've already subscribed to.

okay thank you for that.

However, My time and sales (raw data) like I said is still either frozen or blank. I provided a screenshot in this thread. As you can see my level ll has the current price and my raw data is frozen with last weeks price. How can I re-sink these to both have the current price? It just seems like my raw data window isn't receiving data from dxfeed.

raw data.PNG

Edited by IsaacTrades