Medved Trader Forums

editing alerts

mlsignups

Hi guys -

I tend to set a number of alerts on stocks (breakout levels, pullback levels, stop levels) and over time as I focus on different stocks they tend to pile up.

If I have the alert editor open I'd love to be able to go down the list and when I click on an alert have it change the open charts (or those attached to the active window or a color) to that symbol so I can see if I want/need the alert any longer.   Bonus if it could somehow highlight which alert I'm on if there are more than one.

AM I able to do that in some way now?  If not, is that something you'd consider adding to help manage a longer list of alerts?

Edited by mlsignups

that is good too but doesn't solve the same issue I'm looking to solve.

i may have, say, 100 items on a watch list and put alerts on and the next day remove 20 of the symbols from the watchlist and add 20 different ones.   so after a few weeks i may have 100 or more alerts that i don't care about any longer.   i could just go through the alert editor list and delete those that are no longer on the watchlist and 75% of the time i remember IF the ticker/symbol still is on the watchlist but other times I don't remember so i have to call that chart up to see if it's still a relevant alert.

Another way that would help me would be something like your orphan alerts.    Allow a way to filter based on when an alert was created; for instance, filter to show all alerts created (or updated) before a given date.    Then I could focus on just those older alerts; but even there flipping down the list of older alerts and being able to see a chart to know whether i should still keep the alert would be helpful.

Hope this helps.