Medved Trader Forums

Show quote/hover price tooltip for candles is gone.

Jason

Okay seem to be having an unusual problem. I was playing around with the settings on my charts and while in View/Options I accidentally turned off the tooltip that I had set up showing the OHLC and volume of each candle when hovering . This was small, black and white and translucent. I had it anchored in one place on each chart. After I closed it it's now gone from ALL of my charts. I tried turning on "Show Hover Price Tooltip" from the General Charts settings but that tooltip is locked to my cursor which is pretty obnoxious and it still does not show OHLC of the candles I'm hovering over.

When I go back to View/Options on a chart and choose to Show Quotes I'm in the same boat. The tooltip can't be configured to show data for the candles I'm hovering over.

For what it's worth, I hadn't changed any Application Settings prior to fiddling with the chart I was looking at. I even tried reloading the layout I had saved in the past when the tooltip was working and it's still gone.

Edited by Jason

Wow, thank you! The fact that I found the similar quote tool under View/Options in my charts I think led me to believe there should have been options for the candle data in similar chart sub menus. And the description in Charts/General isn't obviously connected to that tool in my mind. Obviously I once knew how to set it up as it was set to Always Show in all my charts from way back but kind of freaked out when I turned it off and couldn't remember how to restore it.