Medved Trader Forums

selecting portfolios in window

mlsignups

I typically have one or two portfolio windows open on my screen.

when i'm working on my desktop they are wide enough that i see the dropdown so i can switch between portfolios.

when i'm travelling and on my laptop (like this week) and the window is narrower; i can see the name of the portfolio but i can't click on it; i have to wait until I can make the box wider.

my goal is to be able to fliip different portfolios into that window and i'm looking to see if there is existing technology or instruction for doing that. so

1. am i maybe doing something wrong?   as i said, i can see the name of the list but unless it's wide enough the drop down won't function?

2. any way for you to update the behavior to work on smaller dropdown window (less wide)?

3. Any other way to just have the portfolios available w/ one click w/o having to open the ibbon area?

4. maybe just make the dropdown box dynamic in width?   I can keep my names short which would make it less wide?

Thanks for any ideas

cannot make the dropdown box width dynamic. you can add it to the QAT though so it shows in the caption even when the ribbon is closed. Right click on it and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".  Then, even if the window is narrow and cannot show the list on the caption, you will then be able to click >> arrow on the QAT and then on the dropdown in order to change it

THANKS.   if i'm understanding what you are saying that is what does not seem to be working.   i have it on the QAT and i can see some or all of the dropdown box but unless the box is wide and the arrow is showing it does not let me select it. 

For instance, in the attached I can't click on the "AI Stocks" portion to activate the dropdown evne though the name is there.   Not sure if that is what you meant

image.png.c022d8a79cea3e5c4cdad632cd4f7e01.png

It does seem like i can click on the >>.   Not the best experience but seems workable.   Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks

One thing that might be great would be a way to just flipo forward or backward through portfolios (maybe that are flagged with favorites)

that way i can see a list and by clicking one place just flip to the next list and so on; would save real estate.

thanks!