Medved Trader Forums

SCHWAB integration - RELEASED BETA! (NOTE: some limitations)

Jerry Medved

1 hour ago, Jerry Medved said:

If you do add to port, does it fix?

Jerry,

@MESM24 is in my portfolio.  Get Level 1's without a hitch on Portfolio screen.  Hangs frequently on the DOM, when it is my focused symbol in portfolio, and linked to on my DOM.

I had a chance to look at the Level II issue with Schwab and have not been able to recreate it, at least not with the symbols provided, so it might be something other than what I was originally thinking.   if you are having the problem and can relatively easily recreate, please mail us at our support email.

On 6/5/2024 at 10:56 AM, Doug Hayman said:

@MESM24 is in my portfolio.  Get Level 1's without a hitch on Portfolio screen.  Hangs frequently on the DOM, when it is my focused symbol in portfolio, and linked to on my DOM.

Found. Fixed

I had a chance to look at the Level II issue with Schwab and have not been able to recreate it, at least not with the symbols provided, so it might be something other than what I was originally thinking.   if you are having the problem and can relatively easily recreate, please mail us at our support email.

It happened again to me this morning on symbols ATGN and ORGO.  I turned on MT in the morning prior to market open.  The L2 for these symbols are part of my setup so their L2 came up when I turned on MT.  When the market opened these two symbols did not update on L2.  I clicked stop on the L2 stream and then clicked start for each symbol.  Both started working when I clicked start.  I have another symbol (RDDT) which comes up immediately.  But, the RDDT L2 screen was working for me even before your general L2 fix on June 4th.  This is really not a high priority issue for me since I have a way around it.  I'm just writing this to let you know how you might recreate it.     Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

fixed in .314

Thank You Jerry!!! I opened MT this morning and it asked for an update.  I clicked on the message for the update and it shut down MT and updated.  All my L2 screens came up perfectly before the market opened!!

• Like 1

Good morning Jerry, 

Everything was working fine with my 3 Schwab trading accounts until I changed the account names in the drop down menu on the account view screen .  I changed the names from the default name to make them less confusing when trading quickly, AKA Dad, Daughter, Roth.  Problem is this morning I now keep getting the Medved popup to enter the Schwab password and it says it's incorrect.  Problem is I have no way of knowing what the default account names were... I recall something like "Beneficiary with last 4 of account #" . please advise

1 hour ago, burp said:

Good morning Jerry, 

Everything was working fine with my 3 Schwab trading accounts until I changed the account names in the drop down menu on the account view screen .  I changed the names from the default name to make them less confusing when trading quickly, AKA Dad, Daughter, Roth.  Problem is this morning I now keep getting the Medved popup to enter the Schwab password and it says it's incorrect.  Problem is I have no way of knowing what the default account names were... I recall something like "Beneficiary with last 4 of account #" . please advise

So finally was able restore the account names that are specific to schwab and everything is working again.  So going forward is there any way to overide the Schwab account names to a simplier name like "dad" "roth" etc

1) you can edit account names on the Schwab site, though once they are read into MT, the changes on the site will not be seen by MT.

2) in MT, you can change the nicknames of the accounts to anything you want. SETTINGS/TRADING/ACCOUNTS - click on the account in question and you can change the nickname that is displayed on the right side.

as for the login stuff this morning - multiple people reported that - must have been a server issue.

1) you can edit account names on the Schwab site, though once they are read into MT, the changes on the site will not be seen by MT.

2) in MT, you can change the nicknames of the accounts to anything you want. SETTINGS/TRADING/ACCOUNTS - click on the account in question and you can change the nickname that is displayed on the right side.

as for the login stuff this morning - multiple people reported that - must have been a server issue.

Have a great weekend..thanks!

I really miss being able to use MT on another device at the same time.  Im too old and technically challenged to attempt the "work around" for scwhab and I prefer not to pay another service for data. So what other brokers are MT friendly . My goal is simple...keep my Schwab account for trading but find other broker (fidelity, IB, wellbull) and open an account with a min deposit just to access the real time data. so 2 independent computers with 2 independent accounts...  hope that explains it

5 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

y, I know. even if I do the workaround, having to do it every week is a pain.

easiest would be just to open a Fidelity account. 

awesome... old man happy dance here

Ok so new fidelity accoutn opened and working with MT. But I dont see fidelity on the L2 dropdown menu.  It does appear on my portfolio watch lists and is running fine

also how to I remove dx feed it keeps asking my to login

Hi Jerry

Every once in a while I keep getting a pop-up from Schwab asking if I agree to link my Schwab accounts to a third party (Medved Trader).  I don't do trading through MT.  Do I need to link any accounts to MT if I don't do trading through MT?  If I don't link any accounts, will I still be able to get the data from Schwab?