Medved Trader Forums
PaulDee

Hotkeys - Backfill, Export, Exit

Question

Hi, JM!

A request for hotkeys to go on your to do list when you have the time please.

Backfill would be the most useful to automate the process with a small task scheduled vbscript, then an export followed by a shutdown of MT, at the end of the trading day.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

16 answers to this question

I set B as the KeyTip for the backfill all button, but right now there seems to be some interference with the KeyTip handling and the typing on the portfolio to add symbols.  will have to check on that

I have found a few keyboard shortcuts including CTRL-L for level II, CTRL-R Raw Data. Is there a list of Keyboard shortcuts? Would like to see some for the draw tools at least the Line tool. So if you select a fib draw tool you could just do a key combo to get back to the line tool which I'd think is the most used draw tool.

there are very few "hidden" keyboard shortcuts. The ones you mention are shown on the right click menu on charts or rows in the quote grid. Some others are shown when you hover over some of the ribbon buttons or drop down the lists for Chart Periods and Chart Frequencies

I fixed up the issue where the typing symbols on the chart and portfolio would interfere with the ribbon shortcuts, so will now need to go through and add some of the "Key Tips" for the items on the ribbons, to make it easier to get to them with keyboard

Hi, JM!

I hate to revisit an old thread but wanted to renew my request for hotkeys to Backfill All in a portfolio window and Exit MT, if you could look into it for me, please?

Thankyou

PD.

do not have any update on this. I do not plan to add these hot key for everyone (as would have to be done now).  Will have to wait for customized hot keys

Hi, can you add the default to Export/Backup for selection of Data and Tech Support, please?

When you add hotkeys, I will use a script to automatically run the export process before closing MT following portfolio backfill after end of day trading.

Thanks.