Medved Trader Forums

EquiVolume Charts

dundee

Question

Love to be able to use Equivolume charts (basic or candlestick volume) with the ability to have buy/sell crossover points based on customised parameters (signal lines).  It being a historical timescaled chart (week, month, year, custom) with the current days intraday data updating the box/candle.  Thanks.

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

On 17/11/2013 at 2:29 PM, carlisle said:

@dundee,  thank you but I was just letting you know the link seemed broken, but disregard that because it is working now.

On 17/11/2013 at 2:29 PM, carlisle said:

@dundee,  thank you but I was just letting you know the link seemed broken, but disregard that because it is working now.

Hi guys. Revisiting this from 3 years ago. Has an further thought gone into Equivolume or candle volume charts?  Or has it dropped off your list?

Hm I will have to think about how to implement that. The X axis is tricky...

Also - I looked at the definition, I understand how the thickness of the candle is related to volume, but it seems a bit awkward to specify how it is related (that is, the "look-back" period) - do most people just use a "standard" lookback? Like - 40 candles or something? Also - why are the candles H-L ones and not OHLC?