Medved Trader Forums

The tiny font size in data boxes

Rob

Jerry, Can you make the fonts in data boxes adjustable, or large?

I'm talking about the tiny data box that appears to be glued to the top left corner

of every chart.

The info (i.e. the date, the time, the OHLC prices) that data box

contains is  tremendously important.

However, what's the use of its presence, if the box and the text in it are so tiny that the user oftentimes cannot

read them?

What does NOT help:

Neither the dark gray background,

nor the bolding of the text,

or the Arial font is any help.

The tiny, bold, Arial text can play tricks on the user's eyes, and the user

cannot tell the difference between numbers such as 55 and 66. Or between

66 and 88.

What I'm trying to say here that the tiny data box, the tiny font size, the bolding, and the dark gray background are recurring annoyances, from the user's point of view.

In Settings - Charts - General, there is "Chart Text Font Size" setting. Try changing it?

Oh, and it is not really glued to the top left corner. You can drag it anywhere you want on the chart.

It also doesn't have to be there permanently. Depending on the Settings - Charts - General's Always Show Trace, it will appear/disappear when you hold the Shift key.

Rob, we pay enormous amount of attention to the GUI and ease of user interfaces... Some features may not be obvious, but I am working on the help file that will include all of them.

Jerry,

> In Settings - Charts - General, there is "Chart Text Font Size" setting. Try changing it?

Thank you... I've never tried that part of the setting so far, however I will try it... thank you.

What bugged me the most was the small-small (default) font size.

> Oh, and it is not really glued to the top left corner. You can drag it anywhere you want on the chart.

It 'appeared' glued... I didn't try drag it to anywhere.... however I will try dragging it.... thank you.

What bugged me the most was the small-small (default) font size.

> It also doesn't have to be there permanently. Depending on the Settings - Charts - General's Always Show Trace,
> it will appear/disappear when you hold the Shift key.

I will try that one, too... thank you.

> Rob, we pay enormous amount of attention to the GUI and ease of user interfaces...
> Some features may not be obvious, but I am working on the help file that will include all of them.

A help file might help.
However, if you prefer writing code to writing documentation,
then I will understand that, too.

What I would like to see that the 'default' MT date box is at least as clear, at least as visible,
at least as attractive, at least as intuitive as that of the Medved QuteTracker.
Because, if you have to get used to it,
or if you have to look it up in a help file,
then chances are it's not, or not very intuitive.

Rob

P.S. Jerry, I do appreciate the time and effort you and your guys put into designing and coding the most recent revision of Medved Trader.
        However, I don't have to give you any feedback, and you guys don't have to improve, re-design, or re-code anything at all.
        What I would like to se is that - compared to Quote Tracker - your Medved Trader becomes a better product in every shape and form.
        Additionally, let's keep in mind that, by definition, 'all' bug reports tend to be and are supposed to be negative,
        The issue is that, as to negative stuff, it's human nature that we often fail to see the good intention(s) behind it.
        Jerry, I sincerely would like to see that you are able to sell your (new MT) software to stockbrokers such as TD Ameritrade.
        Jerry, I would like to see that you succeed, and that your MT is better than your QT. -- Rob

• 1 month later...

In Settings - Charts - General, there is "Chart Text Font Size" setting. Try changing it?

Oh, and it is not really glued to the top left corner. You can drag it anywhere you want on the chart.

It also doesn't have to be there permanently. Depending on the Settings - Charts - General's Always Show Trace, it will appear/disappear when you hold the Shift key.

Rob, we pay enormous amount of attention to the GUI and ease of user interfaces... Some features may not be obvious, but I am working on the help file that will include all of them.

Mike, what I was trying to say that

#1: The small was (and is) annoying. And

#2: The small should NOT be the default font.,,, because first impression count... and because you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression.