Medved Trader Forums

Broker Login Failure

commonagerd

MT failed to start this morning with the following message:

"

Unable to login

Too many repeated login failures

The RBC User ID/Password combination that you have in Medved Trader has already failed twice. Please correct the info before trying again. If the current login is correct and you want to try again, then restart Medved Trader.

This is done as a precaution to avoid having RBC lock out your account due to multiple failed logins.

Please email Medved Trader support if you have any questions.

"

As far as I know nothing has changed at RBC, I can login to the acct manually.  MT worked up to this morning.   

This is odd.  Restarted MT at 9:45.  Cleared the RBC login info to try just reentering and noticed current day data displayed.  Didn't notice whether the data was there before clearing the acct info!  Reset the acct info.  MT still rejects the login.  Data received from opening (9:30) to 11:25.  It's now noon market time.

Your reply to just received.  Shut down MT and logged in to RBC.  Got the following notice:

"

Subject: Error or warning conditions follows.Technical Advisory - Quote Issue
Date: 01 Feb 2016at10:07 AM EST

Please be advised that we are experiencing a technical issue with retrieving quotes.

Some quotes listed online may be delayed. Please refer to the quote timestamp and exercise caution when entering market orders.

We are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

"

May explain the problem?

Mike,

Facing the same issue this morning. I can login without problem on the RBC website. There is also no indication on the RBC website of any failed attempt via MT. Usually, after a failed login attempt via MT, the RBC website indicates the time/date of such attempt and required PVQs to be reset. No such indication after I upgraded the version to 1.0.9918.XXXX this morning. 

I have sent the log file to Support.

If you are still having an issue, do this:

• Stop quotes from RBC in MT portfolio
  • Restart MT
  • On MT dashboard, change the logging level to 200 (bottom right, on the status bar)
  • Try starting the quotes
  •  After it fails, send me the export/log files AND all files starting with RBC in the following folder:
           %LocalAppData%\2GK\Medved Trader\Temp\Streamers

To export, 
    go to FILE / Export Settings.  Leave the checkboxes already checked, and also check LOG FILE.

Export, then email me the exported file please.

Thanks