Medved Trader Forums

Drawn Trend Lines Disappear on Extended Intraday Charts

soulfire

When mapping trendlines on extended intraday charts (using full 120 days), trendlines spanning close to the entire chart (over 100+ days) don't always save. When the program is reopened, the longer term trendlines previously drawn are likely to be absent.

This doesn't happen all the time, but usually after a few exit-saves and restarts- but it is fairly consistent that eventually the longer term spanning trend lines will eventually fail to save and be absent when the program is opened.

The interesting thing is when the trend lines vanish, all the parallel lines typically vanish as opposed to just a few lines on that particular trend line angle. I've also tried setting up one of the trend lines as an "alert", but that isn't a fail safe either.

The shorter term drawn trend lines don't seen to be affected.

I suspected that might be the case so I moved the trendlines inward with at least a 10 day buffer from the oldest dates, and well as staggered some lines ever further right, but that doesn't seem to help. The strange thing is usually the entire set of parallel lines are lost rather than just one or a few.