Medved Trader Forums

Support added for RITHMIC and POLONIEX

Jerry Medved

the POLONIEX symbols are:

#BTC.BCN, #BTC.BELA, #BTC.BLK, #BTC.BTCD, #BTC.BTM, #BTC.BTS, #BTC.BURST, #BTC.CLAM, #BTC.DASH, #BTC.DGB, #BTC.DOGE, #BTC.EMC2, #BTC.FLDC, #BTC.FLO, #BTC.GAME, #BTC.GRC, #BTC.HUC, #BTC.LTC, #BTC.MAID, #BTC.OMNI, #BTC.NAUT, #BTC.NAV, #BTC.NEOS, #BTC.NMC, #BTC.NOTE, #BTC.NXT, #BTC.PINK, #BTC.POT, #BTC.PPC, #BTC.RIC, #BTC.SJCX, #BTC.STR, #BTC.SYS, #BTC.VIA, #BTC.XVC, #BTC.VRC, #BTC.VTC, #BTC.XBC, #BTC.XCP, #BTC.XEM, #BTC.XMR, #BTC.XPM, #BTC.XRP, #USD.BTC, #USD.DASH, #USD.LTC, #USD.NXT, #USD.STR, #USD.XMR, #USD.XRP, #XMR.BCN, #XMR.BLK, #XMR.BTCD, #XMR.DASH, #XMR.LTC, #XMR.MAID, #XMR.NXT, #BTC.ETH, #USD.ETH, #BTC.SC, #BTC.BCY, #BTC.EXP, #BTC.FCT, #BTC.RADS, #BTC.AMP, #BTC.DCR, #BTC.LSK, #ETH.LSK, #BTC.LBC, #BTC.STEEM, #ETH.STEEM, #BTC.SBD, #BTC.ETC, #ETH.ETC, #USD.ETC, #BTC.REP, #USD.REP, #ETH.REP, #BTC.ARDR, #BTC.ZEC, #ETH.ZEC, #USD.ZEC, #XMR.ZEC, #BTC.STRAT, #BTC.NXC, #BTC.PASC, #BTC.GNT, #ETH.GNT, #BTC.GNO, #ETH.GNO, #BTC.BCH, #ETH.BCH, #USD.BCH, #BTC.ZRX, #ETH.ZRX, ---POLONIEX

the only one I see for DCR is #BTC.DCR

• Thanks 1

Correction on the symbols. Should be

#AMP.BTC #ARDR.BTC #BCH.BTC #BCH.ETH #BCH.USD #BCN.BTC #BCN.XMR #BCY.BTC #BELA.BTC #BLK.BTC #BLK.XMR #BTC.USD #BTCD.BTC #BTCD.XMR #BTM.BTC #BTS.BTC #BURST.BTC #CLAM.BTC #DASH.BTC #DASH.USD #DASH.XMR #DCR.BTC #DGB.BTC #DOGE.BTC #EMC2.BTC #ETC.BTC #ETC.ETH #ETC.USD #ETH.BTC #ETH.USD #EXP.BTC #FCT.BTC #FLDC.BTC #FLO.BTC #GAME.BTC #GNO.BTC #GNO.ETH #GNT.BTC #GNT.ETH #GRC.BTC #HUC.BTC #LBC.BTC #LSK.BTC #LSK.ETH #LTC.BTC #LTC.USD #LTC.XMR #MAID.BTC #MAID.XMR #NAUT.BTC #NAV.BTC #NEOS.BTC #NMC.BTC #NOTE.BTC #NXC.BTC #NXT.BTC #NXT.USD #NXT.XMR #OMNI.BTC #PASC.BTC #PINK.BTC #POT.BTC #PPC.BTC #RADS.BTC #REP.BTC #REP.ETH #REP.USD #RIC.BTC #SBD.BTC #SC.BTC #SJCX.BTC #STEEM.BTC #STEEM.ETH #STR.BTC #STR.USD #STRAT.BTC #SYS.BTC #VIA.BTC #VRC.BTC #VTC.BTC #XBC.BTC #XCP.BTC #XEM.BTC #XMR.BTC #XMR.USD #XPM.BTC #XRP.BTC #XRP.USD #XVC.BTC #ZEC.BTC #ZEC.ETH #ZEC.USD #ZEC.XMR #ZRX.BTC #ZRX.ETH

tedd: what site's data? Are you referring to all candles on the daily charts or just the last? Most candles are shown just as they are returned.  Last candle is built from intraday Open, High, Low and Last, which should be done using the 247 timeframe - that is UTC0 to UTC0.  Could you send a chart and point out the issue on it?

A bit of a background: as I mentioned before every crypto exchange has the bizarre method of showing change and volume on a rolling 24-hr basis. That is, if they show change of -10, that's 10 less than the value 24 hours ago, not 10 less than at the beginning of a session. That's because they don't have a concept of "sessions". Again, as I wrote before, that makes the volume and change variables completely useless to a trader. If it is "-10" from 24 hours ago 5 minutes ago and "-5" now, that doesn't give you a sense of the movement of the price, because it may have gone up now because it has gone down in the same 5 minutes 24 hours ago. I really don't understand why they all adopted this weirdness, my only explanation really is that the first exchanges were founded by amateurs who had no idea how these things are supposed to operate and the later-comers just copied it.

We noticed that with every exchange, if we asked for daily candles, the resulting data came aggregating the days on UTC0 boundaries. So we made a "247" timeframe that goes UTC0 to UTC0, 7 days a week, and jumped through hoops to set up sessions for those exchanges so that the change you see is from the UTC0 that day, and so is the volume.

I am referring to the last candle on daily chart, using Poloniex (or other exchange). After UTC0 rollover (which is 8pm ET) you start a new day on intraday chart, and you have a new candle on daily chart, but this last daily candle looks to me is still using data before 8pmET. Between 8pmET and 11:59pmET, the last candle is the same as the second to last candle. After 12amET the last candle then uses the new day (i.e.,after UTC0 rollover) hi-low-open-close.  Now I don't know if MT is calculating the last candle or get it from exchange, if the latter, then you can not do anything about it.

I'll try to get a pic to you tonight. 

I agree with you that their using last 24hr change make it useless. Should be using UTC0 as a starting point on a day.