Medved Trader Forums

EDITING A SIMPLE FOLIO

vireya

Question

17 answers to this question

I figured it out. When I gave the portfolios the same pin color, then I could easily transfer stocks back and forth. I did observe, however, that the windows had to be overlapping slightly or at least touching. If I dragged the stock across the open desktop, even a half inch gap, the transfer failed. Is this an intentional design or something that should be addressed? Or perhaps I am overlooking something that would prevent this from happening? 

This might be a good place to ask this portfolio question. When I try to drag and drop a symbol in the portfolio up or down, the red bar shows where the intended landing spot is, but nothing happens most of the time and the symbol just stays put. Sometimes it will move, but if it does it will be two or three spots away from where the red bar. I can drag them easily up or down in the portfolio management window, but I presume by design those positions are not reflected in the live portfolio. And this issue does not happen in a watch list.

Also, I noticed that the width of columns for numbers (like volume) are not currently self-adjusting for the number width. I’m assuming that this is just a tweak yet to be implemented?

As an aside, I’m curious if the only difference between a portfolio and watch list is the addition of the P&L columns in the portfolio?

drag/drop - if your portfolio is sorted, then you cannot drag except for into different groups

Column widths do not change automatically. You can either resize them manually or right click on the column header and select one of the resize options. 

Portfolio lets you enter details about symbols - QTY, PAID, date, notes, etc.  Watchlist doesn't, but instead lets you have just simple lists of symbols, including on the ribbon

Don't have copy/paste directly, but you can drag/drop to either move or copy rows.