Medved Trader Forums

Compare symbol scan

Hi I'm trying to create a scan that will compare the coins in my watchlist all btc pairs with price increase above #btc.usdt using compare symbol, but I get an error everytime.

Ive got the individual charts with this set up, it shows % difference of each coin from 0 UTC against btc.usdt using compare but I am having to manually check each chart 

The error is object reference not set to an instant of an object

Heres the code

if (Close > CompareSymbol_Line(#BTC.USDT)[1])  {   SetColor(Color.White);   TriggerAlert("BTC LOW", @"BTC LOW");   SetScanResult(@"BTC LOW");   return;  }

Also I would prefer if it could show me only if any btc pair in my watchlist  increases for instance 1% above btc.usdt price

The idea being transferring trade from btc.usdt to other btc pair when this scan shows positive result

Edited by Ruexp

Object Reference error - really should not be getting that regardless of what you put in the scan. That indicates an error on our end. Could you send me the log/settings:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)

And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

ok no problem, in the meantime, is there any other way I could achieve the same result using different coding?

Incidentally can you use a wild card when setting a rule for a scan like   *.btc  or   *.usdt rather than just one coin pairing so that it applies to all pairings in your watchlist that obey that rule. Then you could have mixed pairings in the same watchlist and apply various actions just on certain pairs that fit the rule as opposed to the whole watchlist

Edited by Ruexp

The Compare Symbol use in scans has been fixed (emailed you to get the fix). No, can't do wildcards for this.

BTW Close > CompareSymbol_Line(#BTC.USDT)[1] compares absolute values, not percentages. Since no coin is even close to BTC, not sure what exactly you're going for there.

yes I realise that now, just emailed you lol

when you chart the two the scale changes to % and uses 0 as a reference.

I wanted the scan to tell me when the coin was below 0 and the compare symbol was above

can this be done?

An alternative is  price change of coin from UTC 0 to current time is less than, price change of compare symbol from UTC 0

How would I do that?

Edited by Ruexp