Medved Trader Forums

What does "Always use Computed Value" in Previous Close Horizontal line mean? Huge difference if I uncheck it

3acor

Looking at the chart, 43 is the previous close. Not sure where IB TWS gets 39 from. Not sure also how you get 39 in the chart.

Basically - if checked, it calculates the value from the data whereas when unchecked it takes it from the feed's Previous Close value for the last day.

Can you take a look at your raw data - is there some spike 39 value right before 16:00 there? (When I do this here with my data I don't get the 39 to show up).

No sorry I meant the opposite, IB is 43 and Medved is 39 as seen in the image below

GME.png

8 minutes ago, Mike Medved said:

Looking at the chart, 43 is the previous close. Not sure where IB TWS gets 39 from. Not sure also how you get 39 in the chart.

Basically - if checked, it calculates the value from the data whereas when unchecked it takes it from the feed's Previous Close value for the last day.

Can you take a look at your raw data - is there some spike 39 value right before 16:00 there? (When I do this here with my data I don't get the 39 to show up).

This issue is on all symbols not just GME

Yes I understand that the level II would be empty but I thought the level II window would at least show the top Bid and Ask line along with Bid size and Ask Size(NBBO).
Anyway way to display it?
I know there is Show Quotes in Charts but it doesn't show the Bid Size and Ask Size. (Would be great and appreciated it if it does :)