Medved Trader Forums

Level 2 Customization

TheRefik

Question

Hello,

would it be possible to add more options to display level 2? What I would need the most is:

1. Rounding volume to hunderds. I.e. order of volume 34300 would show up as 343 etc. Something similar with the price option, where I can specify number of decimals.

2. Bold the volume column. Right now the price, volume, mm ID etc. font appear the same. Would it be possible to add a bold column option or a different font size for the volume column? Something similar to as in a watchlist.

Right now current Level 2 is a bit harder to read.

level2.PNG.df46379cb229032fa499242107da5b07.PNG

Thank you so much,

I am looking forward to your response.

Edited by TheRefik
formatting - picture was in the middle of a text

8 answers to this question

1. Ok but what do we do with 2,285?  A bit of a problem with L2 in general in MT is that different sources give different granularity data. Some are true book sources. Some aggregate. When they aggregate it is a lot more likely that the aggregate # of shares for a price level will not be divisible by 100.

1.5  The # of decimals - that's automatic - but how would you change it in the snapshot above, for example?

2. Bold - will see about that.

Thank you for you reply.

For me, seeing the exact number of shares is a bit meaningless because I look for offers in thousands or even in million. So I would be perfectly fine with cutting off the last 2 digits so that 2285 -> 22,   or 599 -> 5,   or 75 -> 0.

I understand that different sources provide different datas. So I would leave it as a option just like the decimals as # of removed last digits with 0 as default. So when I want to cut off last X digits, volume = source /  10^X

I do not know how hard it is to implement, but it would help me tremendously. Also with being able to bold the volume column, that would be prefect.

Anyway thank you so much.

Ok I can see not caring about the exact number of shares (but if we do round to 100s, we should round down because if you want to buy 1000 and you see 10, you assume 1000 is available but if it was 990 originally, you're out of luck).

Rounding the prices - I don't know. So you may see a bunch of 10.1 prices where before you would see 10.19, 10.18, 10.17, 10.16?  How does that help?

Yes, that is what I meant. I meant literally to remove the last 2 digits. so 990 would become 9.

What do you mean rounding the prices? 😀 I am sorry, I did not say anything about prices. I guess I worded it badly probably. I meant that, right now there is an option to choose exact # of decimals of prices in level 2. But a similar option related to a volume in level2, or even T&S would be nice. Of course rounding prices would make no sense.

Hello,

I have downloaded the beta version. It already feels better for me.

Although, for some reason, Hide Odd Lots works only for bid column. On the right 'ask' column it does not change anything.

And if I round to a lot size, the odd lots are blank. I think it would be better to show them as 0.

Thank you so much.

blank_odd_lots.PNG

odd_lots.PNG