Medved Trader Forums

Buying on trade ticket question

Arg

I bought using the trade ticket buy button.  The order is filled and I can see the change in gain on the chart. If I then press my sell hotkey nothing happens. If I mouse click on the trade ticket window then the hotkey will work. It seems as if the window becomes deactivated after clicking the buy button. Is there a way around this?

Just now, Mike Medved said:

Well yeah - when you click on a control on a window, it becomes active... Hotkeys are executed on the active window.

But - your hotkey can be executed on tradeticket as well, no?

Yes, the hotkey can be executed on tradeticket. But why does the tradeticket window become deactivated? I press the buy button on the tradeticket window - and don't click anywhere else, so I would expect the tradeticket window to still be active. Something seems to be deactivating it.

12 minutes ago, Jerry Medved said:

by default MT is set to bring up transactions window when an order is placed. I am sure that is what is causing the focus issue for you. 

Go to SETTINGS / TRADING / GENERAL - UN-Check the box for "Show Account View / Transactions after submitting new order". That will fix your issue.

Yes, that was it. The Account window was appearing on another monitor so I hadn't noticed it.

Thanks