Medved Trader Forums

Alert Log not logging portfolio scan alert.

Arg

Earlier today my Alert Log was showing alerts for a portfolio scan but now these are no longer appearing. The portfolio scan alerts show up in the portfolio (highlighted row) as well as a pop-up alert notification. But why have they stopped appearing in the Alert Log. Surely if the alerts are getting triggered they should always appear in the Alert Log?

No. Some scan alerts are appearing (same scan/portfolio) so it's not a setting. Could it be due to how long the alert is triggered? An alert condition can quickly change from true to false. Perhaps the alert log needs the condition to be true for a minimum time before it's logged (whereas the pop-up alert notification will pop-up as soon as it's true and won't be removed)?

Arg, alerts in their notification parameters have some value that determine how long it takes for the alert to "clear" and how long to "restart". You should look at the "restart" option. If it is not "immediate" - then alert, once triggered, will not trigger again until that time elapses.

If you actually are seeing alerts pop up but not show in alert log, that would be different. But I suspect what you're seeing is an alert popping up, then clearing then the alert condition being hit again but the alert not popping or logging because of the "restart" setting?

In my scan notification I have clear after None Seconds, restart after Immediate. Pop-up Alert and Highlight Row are both ticked. But both of these are separate from the Alert Log, aren't they?

It does seem I am getting some (but not all) scan alert triggers that are showing up with a portfolio highlight and alert pop-up but not appearing in the Alert Log.

I will check this again tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Arg said:

In my scan notification I have clear after None Seconds, restart after Immediate. Pop-up Alert and Highlight Row are both ticked. But both of these are separate from the Alert Log, aren't they?

that means that the alert will NOT clear automatically after triggering. So once triggered, it will not trigger again until you manually clear it, at which time it will immediately re-activate. So basically you would only get the alert once per symbol. Change the clear after.. to be 1 or whatever you want. Just not zero/none

Still an issue.  Most of the portfolio scan triggers are not logged in Alert Log.  The portfolio row is highlighted and a pop-up alert appears without a corresponding entry in Alert Log. For instance so far this morning I've had over 10 different stocks triggering the alert but I've only got 3 different stocks listed in the Alert Log.

I need to get the log file to see what the problem is. Please do the following:

Go to FILE / HELP => Send Log/Settings to support menu (from Dashboard or Portfolio)
And add this Post’s URL in the comment. 

at the same time, please send or post a screenshot of the alert log and of the corresponding portfolio showing what was triggered, pointing out the discrepancy, so I know exactly what to look for in the log

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the problem of portfolio scan alerts not appearing in the Alert Log. The in-build alerts (moving up %, etc) appear ok.

The alerts appear in the portfolio but don't appear in the Alert Log. In the Notifications section Do Not Log is not checked - so I don't see what is preventing the alert from appearing in the Alert Log.  There is no filter being applied.

Any ideas what might be preventing the portfolio scan alerts from being logged?