Medved Trader Forums

Chart switching pretty slow in the lates production build

ahujat

sorry, I missed the subject :) .

Chart Switching slow - nothing was done at all in the new updates that would make it slow. 99.9% of the time the issue is that the security software on your computer is kicking in when a new MT version is detected and that can drastically slow things down.  Make sure to exclude MT from the security software. If using Windows Defender, refer to

https://medvedtrader.com/wd

if another, let me know which

When I start MT, it's fine but then it starts getting slower and slower until I restart i and it works fine for few hours.

I am not sure all the fixes wen into this build.

If you remember you added support for intraday Pivot points display for the next day. This build doesn't have that feature.

I just upgraded from that beta to the production version.

Actually I do the executable for have that beta on my PC. I am planning to switch to that but if you need logs for the current production version I am running, let me know.

As for Defender settings, they are already set as per the instructions.  

I looked at your setup that you sent a few weeks ago. few things that could significantly help.

1) you are not using tick charts. With that in mind, go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL and set it to consolidate tick data to OHLC after 1 day. That will significantly reduce # of ticks that MT has to deal with and speed things up

2) at least of the charts that you had open, the longest one used 17 days of data (intraday). Your Intraday max is set to 60. If you don't need 60, change it to lower, like 30 or 20. (also on the SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL). That will also speed things up. 

OK, just figured out the other BIG one that is causing slowdowns.  you have a 240 min intraday chart on #BTC.USD.  The way our charts are handling things now,. that last candle has to be updated every time quotes come in. #BTC.USD is a VERY high volume symbol, so that involves huge number of ticks. 

if you periodically clear "CURRENT DAY" and backfill OHLC, that should help. 

Meanwhile, Mike is re-working the chart update optimization. Once done, I suspect it will drastically improve the performance on charts, particularly with large candle sizes.

23 hours ago, Jerry Medved said:

I looked at your setup that you sent a few weeks ago. few things that could significantly help.

1) you are not using tick charts. With that in mind, go to SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL and set it to consolidate tick data to OHLC after 1 day. That will significantly reduce # of ticks that MT has to deal with and speed things up

2) at least of the charts that you had open, the longest one used 17 days of data (intraday). Your Intraday max is set to 60. If you don't need 60, change it to lower, like 30 or 20. (also on the SETTINGS / CHARTS / GENERAL). That will also speed things up. 

I thought you fixed that by consolidating the tick datd to OHLC while MT is running.

Anyways the good news is that its' working fine now. I guess I might have rebooted the system and it's been working fine after that.